No Time To Read? LISTEN In English On-The-Go!
With this month being so special for us ladies, I thought I would place some of the most sensible diet tips that all good mother’s preach to their children, when they reach those body awareness years.
And it’s tips that good ole Mom’s can use themselves. That is when from time to time you check yourselves out in the mirror. Front and rear view. And say, wait. What?
I know my own Mom’s first words whenever I would proclaim aloud, I’m going on a diet, would always be ~ “well if you do, you be sensible about it!”
This was her way of saying, Okay, but I’m going to make sure you still eat what you’re supposed to.
None of this ‘I’m skipping breakfast so I can have a diet drink along with a doughnut and still come within a certain calorie limit at the end of the day’ was going to pass muster with her.
Having grown and learned now about making healthy choices, metabolism, hormones, and stress I have to admit, good ole Mom really did know best.
SIX SENSIBLE DIETING TIPS
1) RELAX ~ Don’t be such a worrywart! Instead of telling yourself I can’t have this or that. Be positive thinking with the what I can haves!
2) WATER, 8 oz. before each meal, will help you tremendously.
3) Make your BREAKFAST with high protein in mind. Protein is the single most important nutrient for weight loss and a better looking body.A high protein intake can boosts metabolism, reduces appetite and changes several weight-regulating hormones. Protein can help you lose weight and belly fat, and it works via several different mechanisms. (Google it to find out more things you may want to know.)
4) Cut your SUGAR intake. Read labels on canned goods. It may say no added sugar & that’s great but how much sugar does it contain? Be sensible Mom would say, unless you’re Diabetic you don’t have to crash & cut it out completely but cut way down. For instance, allow yourself one desert a week.
5) Cut your SODIUM intake. Again sodium can help you hold more than a good flavor in your mouth. Ease it back.
6) When trying to lose weight, step up & EXERCISE. Whether it’s at a gym, doing your own set of calisthenics at home, or setting a play date with friends at the golf or tennis courts. Be active and begin to add fun activities to your lifestyle. Active is attractive!