No Time To Read? LISTEN In English On-The-Go!
- 3 carrots , peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion , peeled and quartered
- 1/2 pound small potatoes , halved
- 1 corned beef brisket (about 3-4 pounds), plus pickling spice packet or 1 tablespoon pickling
- 16–ounce beef broth
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 head cabbage , cut into 1 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3-4 tablespoons prepared horseradish , to taste
To Cook in a Slow Cooker:
- In a 5-to-6-quart slow cooker, place the carrots, onion and potatoes. Place corned beef, fat side up, on top of the vegetables and sprinkle with pickling spice. Pour the broth over the vegetables and brisket. Sprinkle with the sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Cover and cook on high until corned beef is tender, 5-6 hours or 10-12 hours on low.
- Arrange cabbage over corned beef, cover, and continue cooking until cabbage is tender, 45 min to 1 hour (or 1 1/2 to 2 hours on low). Thinly slice the corned beef against the grain and serve with the vegetables and cooking liquid with the horseradish sauce.
THIS IS A FULL PARAGRAPH BLOCK